Thursday 28 October 2010

Octillery

I am spooky...!
For Halloween I made this Octillery in a pumpkin. It was quite easy and fun to make :)

Colours needed:
  • Sweet Potato
  • Red
  • Yellow
  • Black and white paint
  • Green
I started out with the pumpin. Make a ball of Sweet Potato clay and cut off the top. Then empty it out by using a knife, so that something can be put inside of it. I picked the Pokémon Octillery, but this can of course be anything. Carve the lines in it with the back of a knife, do this as well for the top. You make the leaves by shaping them in a teardrop shape, making a cut through the middle and on the sides.

Octillery started out as a ball as well, from which I formed his snout. With the tip of a pencil I made a little dent in his snout, which I later painted black. After this I made 8 tentacles, 6 of which are just hanging on the sides of the pumpkin. Two of the tentacles are sticking out to make it seem like Octillery says BOO!

Then I applied the yellow dots to the head and the two tentacles poking out. I painted the eyes on, something I normally don't do, but with red clay it's inevitable that your white clay will become pink... Therefore I made it with paint. A tiny dot of black for the pupil. Afterwards put a small piece of red clay over the eyes, so that it gets the drowsy look it always has.

Bake it for 10 minutes at 130C or 275F and there you go, a perfect Halloween decoration with a pokémon theme :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! It would be nice if you had pictures accompanying it, like a tutorial! It would be easier to follow. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ying! That is a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete